The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Ciaran Dwynvil burns up the pages with his paranormal romances, and he weaves fantasy worlds through her words of poetry. Be warned - we aren't talking Hogsmeade here!
Christina Cole is a fellow Sweet Cravings author, with her novels Irresistible and Happily Ever After. She has been writing since the tender age of seven, and I'm looking forward to her novel about pirates in my home state of Louisiana!
Paloma Beck has become something of a mentor to me over the last several months, and you can credit her for my success in the blogosphere. She writes both paranormal and contemporary romance (like yours truly!) and her novel Coming Home was just voted a Top 10 Romance Novel of 2012 - but I'm a sucker for her Seven Sisters series!
7 Things About Colette
- I have a degree in Philosophy of Religion and, like Paloma, taught religious education.
- I spent a month in Peru, including a week with the Matses tribe in the Amazonian rainforest, where I participated in three religious ceremonies led by a curandero.
- I share Christina's love of languages, although I have mastered none of them. I have tried to learn French, Spanish, and Italian; and I have a minor in Russian. My professor said of my Russian that I am a "talented translator," which means
I couldn't speak it worth a damn.
- Like Ciaran, I love wine. I am quite particular when it comes to reds - my favourite being Châteauneuf-du-Pape. When it comes to whites, though, except for oakey Chardonnays - ick! - one seems about as good as another. I'd rather spend the extra money on cheese!
- On my bucket list: I hope to visit all seven continents. I only have Australia and Antarctica to go! Looking forward to seeing those penguins...
- I started writing romance novels in junior high school. I had quite a following, too; teenage girls passing my filled spiral notebooks around.
- At my most recent wedding (we won't go into how many I have had), I walked down the aisle to the Beatles' Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds played by a cellist.
- Beyond Romance
- Close Encounters with the Night Kind
- Dark Jane Austen Book Club
- Dawn's Reading Nook
- Jane Austen's World
- The League of British Artists
- Molly's Musings
- My Jane Austen Book Club
- Reflections of a Book Addict
- Regina Jeffers
- S. J. Maylee
- Sharon Lathan
- So Little Time...
- Uvi Poznansky
Display the award logo on your blog.
Link back to the person who nominated you.
State 7 things about yourself.
Nominate 5, 10, or 15 bloggers for this award and link to them.
Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.