Scribhneoir Extraordinaire Ellie Potts Interviews ME

I am honoured that Ellie Potts - the amazing author of Paranormal Romance, Fantasy, and Horror such as Blood Witch, The Unicorn and the Serpent, and Flights of Delusion - asked to interview me about writing my novel Pulse and Prejudice.

She asked me about Vampire Darcy, Lord Byron, and all the pop culture references throughout the narrative. She even asked for a few pictures of me in my -eek! - Regency wear! I hope you'll take a look....
~Colette


Interview with Colette L. Saucier author of Pulse and Prejudice!


I am a huge fan of Pride and Prejudice and Colette L. Saucier offers a refreshing twist on it by doing the story through Mr. Darcy's eyes. But Mr. Darcy is a vampire! What I loved about this is that the vampire is not overdone. It is there with light traces. He is not shiny or too dark. He is Mr. Darcy. I loved them sitting around talking about life and music getting more into their past that wasn't touched on. I think I caught a few pop references in there as well that made me smile. But what really caught me off guard was the after Pride & Prejudice. The passion and how it played out. Still well done. I have read a few others, and of course Pride & Prejudice and Zombies and I loved this one sooo much it actually will be reread again.

Colette L. Saucier agreed to answer a few of my questions which sprang to mind after reading this. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! And once again thank you Colette for letting me steal some of your time!

1. How did you come up with Mr. Darcy a vampire?
Really through my interest in Lord Byron – the man more so than the poet, although "The Giaour" always fascinated me (published the same year as Pride and Prejudice, by the way). What little we knew of the character of Mr. Darcy fit that concept of the “Byronic Hero” so well: arrogant, cynical, intelligent, introspective.

The notion of the “gentleman vampire” didn’t arise until John Polidori’s The Vampyre – before then, folklore defined them more like we describe zombies today – and Polidori based his vampire Lord Ruthven on Lord Byron. Much like with Mr. Darcy at the Meryton Assembly, Polidori similarly introduces the reader to Lord Ruthven skulking about a society gathering...


The Novels of Colette L. Saucier

Popular posts from this blog

Come See What's New in Today's Romance!

Just Desserts Delicious Blog Hop - Baked Apple Betty

Happy Birthday, Jane Austen!