Sexy Best - A Snippet from PULSE AND PREJUDICE: The Confession of Mr Darcy, Vampire

http://www.mysexysaturday.blogspot.com/2015/06/our-sexy-best-mysexysaturday.html
Welcome to My Sexy Saturday!

This week’s theme is Our Sexy Best!
"This theme has no genre, no rules except that the characters know their other half is better than all the rest. They may have had lovers before but nothing compares to the lover they are with."

Once again, I have had a difficult choice making a selection but this time for a different reason: ALL of my novels have that special moment! How could I choose from just one? I really love the moment in my upcoming romantic noir thriller The Widow, but I think I will draw out the anticipation on that!

So I put it to a vote on the Austen Variations Facebook group to choose one of my Pride and Prejudice adaptations: Modern or Vampire. Pulse and Prejudice won by a nose (or a fang); and since this is supposed to be a "sexy" snippet, I have selected six lines from Volume IV: Beyond Pride and Prejudice, which begins immediately after the second proposal and is where I venture off on my own and have a little bloody fun. (I did feel badly for those why voted for Modern, so I have a sexy excerpt from The Proud and the Prejudiced here.)

If I may be so vulgar as to quote from a recent review:
"The last few chapters got a little steamy and it was incredible! Colette was able to add a touch of sexiness to Austen and pulled it off with class; it was an addition to the story and didn’t bring down the quality of the novel. Austen gets a little sexy and I kind of want some more of it! If you are a Jane Austen fan like I am, then this is book you need to add to your collection. A spinoff done right, what more could a bookworm ask for!?"

As I warn readers who prefer Darcy and Elizabeth to remain chaste, skip Volume IV altogether and go from Volume III to the Epilogue.  I would also suggest that you not read this sexy snippet! For everyone else, enjoy~

The prior three days without Elizabeth had been torture. When she had emerged from the rain and stood in the library, he thought at first she might be a mirage. Her eyes were full of love and longing, her words as sweet as her lips. 

Had he stopped at tender kisses, he might have been able to control his lust; but she yearned for the kind of kisses he wanted to give her. 

Within moments, the last fragments of his resolve had shattered; he must have her. He would take her, body and blood, two divergent desires converging here with this woman.


I hope you have enjoyed this excerpt for My Sexy Saturday. You can find the story of Mr Darcy, Vampire, by clicking here; and don't forget to enter the Goodreads contest for a beautiful hardcover edition at the top of this blog.

Remember, this is a blog hop, so please continue and visit these other talented authors:

Comments

The Novels of Colette L. Saucier

Popular posts from this blog

Come See What's New in Today's Romance!

Just Desserts Delicious Blog Hop - Baked Apple Betty

Happy Birthday, Jane Austen!