Thursday Thirteen - 13 useless items I own

Welcome to the Thursday Thirteen for December 6, 2012!

Here are 13 useless items (out of hundreds) I own. I did not include small kitchen appliances as that could be a future Thursday 13 on its own.



1. Manual Coffee Grinder - I don't even use my electric coffee grinder.
2. Cassette Tapes - We literally have well over a hundred of these, but no player.
3. Absinthe Spoons - I purchased a set of 6 of these when I got a bottle of absinthe when it first came out. I had no idea it tasted like liquorice.  I hate liquorice. And I hate absinthe.


4. Tortilla Keeper - This is meant to keep tortillas warm at the table while assembling Mexican fare. This purchase assured that I would never make fajitas or soft tacos again.
5. Bagel slicer - Likewise, once purchased, we never had unsliced bagels again.
6. Random Unidentifiable Keys
7. Salt Cellar - Hey - Did you know they have salt shakers now??
8. Magic Wand from Ollivanders - This would not have been useless IF it had worked!
9. 35 mm Camera - Reminiscent of a simpler time when one had only to buy film, insert it in the camera, take pictures, remove film and take it to a drug store or similar, fill out a paper envelop into which the film was placed, and then return for photos in an hour (or a week), only to find most of the pictures had either a thumb or the camera strap in them.
10. Um...yeah. Plastic Balls on Braided Cords - I think you're supposed to spin them around or something. No idea.
11. Colored Fashion Eyelashes - Well, they ARE black & gold, so I suppose I COULD wear them to a Saints game...um, no. Useless.
12. Optical Device for Looking Around Corners - Just in case I ever want to be a spy....in the 1890s.
13. Crocheted French Poodle Tea Cozy - For keeping a teapot warm with style!



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

Use #thursday13 in twitter. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants



Comments

The Novels of Colette L. Saucier

Popular posts from this blog

Come See What's New in Today's Romance!

Just Desserts Delicious Blog Hop - Baked Apple Betty

Happy Birthday, Jane Austen!